* Alcoa is the world leader in the production and management of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina combined, through its active and growing participation in all major aspects of the industry.
* Alcoa serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production and other capabilities of Alcoa's businesses to customers.
* In addition to aluminum products and components including flat-rolled products, hard alloy extrusions, and forgings, Alcoa also markets Alcoa® wheels, fastening systems, precision and investment castings, and building systems.
* The Company has 97,000 employees in 34 countries and has been named one of the top most sustainable corporations in the world at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
* In 2006 it was 10 times safer to work for Alcoa than it was in 1991.
* Alcoa makes a very sustainable product: almost 70% of the aluminum ever produced is still in use, equaling 480 million metric tons (529 million tons) of a total 690 million metric tons (761 million tons) manufactured since 1886.
* Every day, worldwide, Alcoa:
o Mines 86,300 tons of bauxite and 27,300 tons of coal
o Refines 41,000 tons of alumina
o Smelts 9,575 tons of aluminum
o Recycles 2,300 tons of aluminum
o Manufactures 8,810 tons of aluminum products
o Assembles wire harnesses for 20,400 vehicles
o Generates 96,000 MWH of electricity
o Purchases $27 million in goods and services