Devon Energy Corporation is one of the world's leading independent oil and gas exploration and production companies. Devon's operations are focused primarily in the United States and Canada; however, the company also explores for and produces oil and natural gas in select international areas. Devon Energy also own natural gas pipelines and treatment facilities in many of their producing areas, making Devon Energy one of North America's larger processors of natural gas liquids.
The company's portfolio of oil and gas properties provides stable, environmentally responsible production and a platform for future growth. About 88 percent of Devon's production is from North America. The company's production mix is about 60 percent natural gas and 40 percent oil and natural gas liquids, such as propane, butane and ethane. Devon produces over 2 billion cubic feet of natural gas each day, about 3 percent of all the gas consumed in North America.
Headquartered in Oklahoma City, Devon has approximately 5,000 employees worldwide. Devon Energy common shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol DVN.
The company's primary goal is to build value per share by:
* - Exploring for undiscovered oil and gas reserves,
* - Purchasing and exploiting producing oil and gas properties,
* - Enhancing the value of its production through marketing and midstream activities,
* - Optimizing production operations to control costs, and
* - Maintaining a strong balance sheet.