Valero Energy Corporation is based in San Antonio, Texas, and incorporated in Delaware. Valero's common stock is listed for trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "VLO."
The largest refiner in North America, Valero has an extensive refining system. The company's geographically diverse refining network stretches from Canada to the U.S. Gulf Coast and West Coast to the Caribbean.
Valero has a mid-stream logistics system that supports Valero's refining and marketing operations.
A marketing leader, Valero has approximately 5,800 retail and wholesale stores in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean under various brand names including Valero, Diamond Shamrock, Shamrock, Ultramar, and Beacon. The company markets on a retail and wholesale basis through a bulk and rack marketing network in 44 U.S. states, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Valero has long been recognized throughout the industry as a leader in the production of premium, environmentally clean products, such as reformulated gasoline, California Air Resources Board (CARB) Phase II gasoline, low-sulfur diesel and oxygenates.
* Reformulated gasoline (RFG)
* Conventional gasoline
* Premium grades of reformulated and conventional gasoline
* California Air Resources Board (CARB) Phase III gasoline
* Customized clean-burning gasoline blends for export markets (i.e., Mexican CARB)
* Clean-burning oxygenates
* Gasoline blendstocks (alkylate, raffinate, naphtha, reformate)
* Low-sulfur gasoline (less than 30 ppm) -- Atlanta grade
* Low-sulfur diesel and ultra low-sulfur diesel (less than 15 ppm)
* Jet fuel (commercial and military)
* Aviation gasoline
* Home heating oil and stove oil
* Petrochemicals (mixed xylenes, benzene, toluene, chemical- and refinery-grade propylene)
* Lube base oils (industrial and automotive)
* Crude mineral spirits
* Bunker oils
* Petroleum coke
* Propane -- Octene